FUN Day at DEMO.
Soquel Demonstration Forest is a location that probably ranks in the top three of the favorites of most mountain bikers around the Bay Area. Its official status is different from most other mountain biking locations around the Bay Area: Instead of being an open space preserve, or a national, state, county, or city park, Demo Forest is a state forest.
We will ride the following trails / combo trails: Sawpit or Coral & Braille. or Coral and Sawpit.
If you still have energy after that, we can do an extra loop.
Ridge Trail - Great Singletrack trail that leads to Corral, Sulphur, Tractor , Braille and Sawpit trails.
Sawpit Trail - The longest single loop possible at this first-rate mountain biking destination.
Braille Trail - Possibly the most-often-ridden route at this prime mountain biking destination, which traverses the most popular Braille Trail.
Corral Trail . Corral Trail starts out as a sweet singletrack, and turns into a fire-road descent pretty quickly. You can think of this route as the "bail-out option" or as an option for an additional loop for when you are hungry for more riding at Demo after one loop but you need a shorter second one
Type of Shorts Required:Baggy (women are excluded from this rule)
What to expect:
- Plan for about 3-4 hours .
- Expect to have a good time ... Fun descents with lots of trail features.
- Pace: Intermediate to Semi-
- Trails: Intermediate Technical trails with some STEEP hills.
- Pack enough water for the whole ride, and pack a light lunch or snack.
- NOT FOR BEGINNERS.
Take 17 South, Exit Summit Rd.
1. Head north toward Summit Rd 0.1 mi
2. Merge onto Summit Rd 4.0 mi
3. Continue onto Highland Way 1.5 mi
4. Turn right to stay on Highland Way 0.3 mi
5. Turn right to stay on Highland Way until you see the Yellow Bridge on your right .
Turn RIGHT into the Yellow Bridge to parking lot.
Meet at Parking Lot area across from the Yellow Bridge.