Bay Area Mountain Biking Message Board BIKING PADNUHS › Oakland West-East Ridge Night Ride - Thursdays 6pm

Oakland West-East Ridge Night Ride - Thursdays 6pm

Janice
Janice29
Reno, NV
Post #: 23
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Bring your lights and test your fear factor fastness on the West and East Ridge trail in Oakland. We meet in the Skyline Gate Staging Area off of Skyline in the Oakland Hills. Please familiarize yourself with this map. http://www.ebparks.or...­

We start in the dark, so best to mount likes and be fairly prepared to just get out and go. The ride takes about 1.5 hours. In a full moon, this ride is fast and furious, on fireroads, but requires diligence and concentration, especially if you don't know the trail--rocky, step sections can come up fast, if you crash you might be furious. Get it?! Ha, ha.

Redwood Regional Park Bike Loop in Oakland Hills – This 8.22 mile loop circles Redwood Regional Park in the Oakland Hills along the East Ridge and West Ridge Trails. Most cyclists do this loop in a counterclockwise route. West Ridge is moderately technical with rocky sections and a steep descent. Canyon Trail to get to East Ridge from the main Redwood Gate entrance is a steep uphill but the rest of the loop is fairly moderate.

I won't ride alone, so if you are interested, please call me 925-768-5091.
Chris Palmer
user 11012696
Concord, CA
Post #: 4
During the warmer months, last year, we had night rides at Shell Ridge. Something for everyone all levels. We make sure everyone who started with us finishes. Let me know if you are interested. When we start up I'll send whoever wants to join some 411.
Chad C
user 9304390
New Fairfield, CT
Post #: 13
I'm down for night riding like 2 flat tires and without a pump. I get My light Thursday.
Chris Palmer
user 11012696
Concord, CA
Post #: 5
ok ..will definitley let you know..rain has us on hold ...those trails we ride at night are perfect...never too far from the cars 10-14 miles of intertwined loops but the rain combined with cows equals a real sh!t lug ..let you know when conditions are prime...in the mean time if you are hankering to use them lights on some new territory and enjoy pain you are welcome to join us on Saturdays at 5AM...