***Note: Oriented towards Java developers
John Feig, Android developer at TiKL Inc, is going to build a gif Camera App for Google Glass in an hour! The app will utilize a voice launcher, snap photos, squish them into a gif, and then display the gif on glass.
1) John will start by briefly describing the setup and library projects. He will show how library projects are referenced in Intellij (should be same setup on Android Studio).
2) Build voice launcher for the Glassware. Demo it. Launches a 'hello world' card.
3) Build image capture, replace the 'hello world' with the image capture action, then display the image.
4) Capture multiple images, use a gif library to stitch the photos together. Pull gif off of Glass, and show it on computer.
5) Build gif viewer for Glass, and display our gif in the viewer.
Currently working for TiKL, Inc. as an Android developer, John is responsible for code that gets shipped to tens of millions of users. He get to do lots of fun stuff at TiKL, like writing clients for new platforms from scratch, playing with Google Glass and touching the full stack. John has worked on the Android client, some of the Java servers, the in-development web client, a bit of PhotoShop, and maintains TiKL's social media presence.
Here are some other things of note about John:
-Gave a GDL (Google Developers Live) Talk
-Released a podcast Chrome App and web app
-An assortment of week-long projects
-Other things! (Seriously, I can't stop working.)
Attention: Bring your computers and questions!