Bay Area Mobile, Sencha and PayPal are teaming up to offer a 3 hour Intro to Sencha Touch – Bring Your Own Laptop meetup. David Marsland from Sencha Training and James Pearce head of Developer Relations will lead and Sidney Maestre from PayPal will show how to integrate PayPal payments into a Sencha Touch application. The event will take place at PayPal in San Jose.
BAM! will collect a $10 registration fee to cover the cost of food and drinks for this special event.
Intro to Sencha Touch BYOL
PayPal Android Developer Challenge
Sencha Touch apps can be packaged for the Android Marketplace using phoneGap and are eligible for the PayPal Android Developer Challenge.
Duration: 3 Hours
To get the most out of this session you must arrive with the following software already installed and configured. We won’t have the resources to help everyone install and configure their laptops the night of the event and we want you to get the most out of this special event.
* Apache web server
* Apple Safari Browser
* Aptana Studio 2
* Sencha Touch
* Course Files
Attendees should possess the following skill sets:
* Intermediate understanding of HTML and CSS
After attending this seminar you will:
* Understand the capabilities of Sencha Touch
* Understand the process of building applications for iOS and
Android using web standards
* Be able to develop a basic user interface that pulls data from a
remote web service
* Be able to setup a PayPal sandbox account and add a PayPal donation button to launch a payment flow.
Introduction to Sencha Touch
* Walkthrough: Hello World
Introduction to UI Layout
* Defining Panels
* Defining Toolbars and Buttons
* Walkthrough: Building a Simple UI
Making Data Requests
* Defining Data Models
* Defining AJAX Proxies
* Walkthrough: Making Data Requests
* Walkthrough: Data Presentation
* Defining: Getting started with PayPal APIs
* Demonstration: Adding a PayPal donate button.
* Demonstration: Compiling to a native Android application
* Demonstration: Compiling to a native iOS application
Additional Sencha Training information: