align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Bay Area Mobile Message Board › ios or android?

ios or android?

Mike S.
user 13612250
Redwood City, CA
Post #: 1
Hi all.

I am a non-mobile developer starting down the road of developing for mobile devices and I am trying to decide which to target, ios or android. (I know another option is non-native web-based apps, but lets save that for another discussion.)

I am leaning towards learning Android development, but I just heard a solid argument moving me back towards ios.

I was told there are many cross-device headaches when developing for Android devices, based on different screen sizes, interfaces, and functionality available to different devices. If you want to support a wide selection of devices you have to drop features and/or release many different versions.

Does anyone have any input on this topic?

-Mike

Mike S.
user 13612250
Redwood City, CA
Post #: 2
FYI, after more research, and discussion, and more research, I think I am going to settle on HTML5 web based apps. When I looked into this about a year ago it did not look encouraging, but it now looks more promising.