Bay Area World of Warcraft Meetup Group Message Board › Might be returning to WoW - Guilds? Servers?

Might be returning to WoW - Guilds? Servers?

Eric E.
Pfooti
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
Hey y'all,

I've had one of those long, on-again, off-again relationships with WoW. Played since vanilla on a couple of different servers, usually Alliance, usually on RP servers (Steamwheedle Cartel and Wyrmrest Accord primarily).

Anyway, I'm currently off-again, mainly because a few years ago I moved back to San Francisco and therefore out of the Eastern Time Zone where all my old guilds were. Rather than go through the meet-new-people thing again, I quit playing WoW for a while. The problem (I'm sure you're all aware of this) is that I haven't really found a game to fill the general space that WoW fills for me. So I'm thinking about re-upping.

If I do resubscribe, does anybody have any advice about servers and/or guilds? I'm a reasonably mature mid-30s guy. One of the big reasons I didn't find a new guild is that I'm picky- I don't demand a raid slot, but I do demand that guild chat be nontoxic, so to speak.

I've played a variety of characters, Warlock in vanilla, tanked most of BC on a druid (those were the easy days), healed a lot of LK on a priest, and played an elemental shaman DPS through a lot of Cata. None of my toons are particularly up-to-date, I think I have a lv90 monk and that's about it. So while I might be useful in a while, for the time being I wouldn't be - just looking for a server that's reasonably active and a guild with interesting, decent people.

Any advice?