Palo Alto, CA
LiveOps (http://www.liveops.co...) provides best-in-class on-demand call center technology, as well as virtual call center services. We are a pre-IPO company based in Santa Clara that has been profitable for several years. The executive leadership team is made of distinguished industry veterans who are charting the course to success. We are in need of a web applications engineer, who can offer key technical leadership skills to help our products grow and mature.
This is an excellent opportunity to be on the front lines in taking the company to the next level. You’ll gain a strong understanding of the virtual call center domain, and apply sound engineering practices (i.e. code/design documentation and reviews, and unit/functional tests) to solve technical challenges. In addition, there are many opportunities to be mentored by numerous industry veterans. This position will play a key role on a strong engineering team, providing for excellent professional growth opportunities. The position reports to the Director of Application Engineering.
- The LiveOps application is a B2B web application, not consumer facing.
- Solid grasp of general programming concepts, fundamentals, industry best practices
Min 7 years of web application programming experience
- Mastery of OO concepts and practice
- Experience with best engineering practice: TDD/BDD, unit testing, iterative development
- Min 5 years of database experience (3 years MySQL) and SQL
- Comfortable in a Linux/Unix environment
- Willing to write software according to standards defined by technical management/leadership, as well as contribute if necessary
- Avid learner – capable of learning new languages, frameworks and design patterns
- MUST be highly motivated, flexible, passionate, self learner, team player
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, CS/engineering background a plus
Knowledge of apache internals
TO APPLY: http://newton.newtons...