|A former member||
Think Computer Corporation (http://www.thinkcompu..., the company behind the original Universal Face Book at Harvard University, is developing a suite of web-based software applications that help the corporate back-office become a more efficient and productive place. Think has been operating for over 10 years in the IT space and is looking to aggressively grow its software product business. Successful candidates will become an integral part of the top management team and will have the opportunity to take on an equity stake in the company.
We are in greatest need of software developers with heavy UI design experience. All candidates should also have:
* Significant experience with the LAMP stack (PHP and MySQL on Linux with Apache)
* Knowledge of JOINs, temporary tables, scaling and replication
* Knowledge of MySQL fine-tuning on the Linux operating system
* Willingness to learn and use existing tools and frameworks
* Flexibility, not zealotry: willingness to work with HTML tables or stylesheets as appropriate
* A sample, functional web-based application URL to send along (include a description of what part you worked-on and the extent of your involvement)
Candidates who can answer any of the following questions will be given priority consideration:
- Both Flash and PNG graphics support transparency. What's one difference between them?
- What is a more efficient way to store this string: "0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 1 0 1"?
- What's the best way to figure out if a particular MySQL query is slowing down your database server?
- What kind of bar code does the U.S. Postal Service use for routing packages? First-class mail?
Apply for this job at https://www.thinkcomputer.com/corporate/jobs/index.html . We will pay a lot more attention to submissions that use our form than we will to e-mails!