Join Be Social Change for Storytelling to Change the World on Tuesday, September 9th at 7:00PM w/ Annie Escobar founder of Awake Storytelling.
If you really want to change the world, you must become a powerful storyteller. Storytelling isn’t just a communications tool, but a central element of your transformative work. We must share stories that shift perceptions, ignite imaginations and inspire action. In this class you'll learn how storytelling plays an integral part in making change happen!
Stories are the fabric of human identity. They are how we understand ourselves, each other and the world. Whether you are looking for funding, supporters, customers, working on writing a convincing business plan, delivering a 30 second elevator pitch, etc. you need to be able to tell a compelling story that moves people.
Our ability to create change depends on our ability to tell a powerful story that not only enables others to see the world in a new way, but inspires them to become supports and champions of our causes. This workshop is designed to teach how to tell stories that catalyze your work and fulfill your personal or organizational mission.
* Doors open at 6:45, class starts at 7:00 sharp *
This is a paid class. You can purchase your ticket here: http://bit.ly/BSCStorytelling
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
• The crucial ingredients of magnetic stories
• The 5 core stories you need to inspire action and build a movement
• How to design a simple and effective process for choosing the perfect story to tell
• How to craft a visionary narrative for your brand or movement that invites supporters to join you
• How to communicate this visionary narrative through specific stories, across multiple platforms, online and off
• How to create a storytelling strategy for your organization or company
• How to structure powerful personal stories
WHO THIS CLASS IS FOR
• Professionals, entrepreneurs, creatives, and communications strategists/marketers ready to focus on company and brand storytelling
• Professionals who have an idea for a project, organization or business that will drive change
Annie Escobar (AnnieEscobar) is the founder of Awake Storytelling, an impact driven film company fueling a conscious storytelling revolution. By documenting the stories of activists and change makers in over 25 countries around the world, Annie has seen first hand the role that storytelling plays in building movements and catalyzing change. As a filmmaker, she’s created emotional, story driven videos for over 50 social movements and organizations. Annie is obsessed with creating and producing stories that change the way we see ourselves, each other and the world. She first learned how to tell a captivating story by competing for the attention of her nine siblings at their massive dinner table.
Annie is the author of The Starter Guide to Non-Profit Video Storytelling and has been a key note speaker at TEDxNYU, Google, The Foundation Center, and NYU. Additionally she has led workshops in Palestine, Uganda, and the United States. She believes that if we shift our cultural stories – from narratives of inadequacy, separation and inevitability to narratives of wholeness, connection and power – that we truly can create a better world.
You can learn about her current work here and find out more about her background here.
The Centre for Social Innovation is a home for nonprofits and social entrepreneurs in New York City. They’re building a movement of passionate people committed to a better world. Learn more at http://nyc.socialinnovation.org/
Refund Policy: Refunds can be issued in full up to 48 hours prior to the start of the class by contacting Be Social Change.