The Buffalo Live-Food Community Message Board › If you are a "raw organic vegan", why you should reconsider your l

If you are a "raw organic vegan", why you should reconsider your lifestyle....

Aaron F.
Logic125
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 7
Yeah, yeah…so you are a raw organic vegan and you’re on the forefront of health and wellness. Then why do so many people become distant and why are so many people put on the defense when you tell them that you are a "raw organic vegan?" Because you are healthy and deep down they know they are not? In part, that is why. But, in part, we are responsible for people closing their minds to AMAZING possibilities.

From my experience connecting with others, there have been many occasions where people have seen me eating a salad or fruits and asked me about my diet. Up until now I have told people proudly that I am a raw organic vegan only to sense an immediate disconnectedness on their parts. Though my intent is to help others and to open their minds to the beauty of the raw foods lifestyle, I have realized that I have been closing their minds inadvertently; here is why:

When we tell people that we are VEGAN we are essentially saying "I do not eat animal-based foods." People who DO eat animal-based foods may take offense to this, as if we do not eat the way THEY do. But if we do not eat animal-based foods than what do we eat? PLANT-BASED FOODS.

And when we tell people we eat RAW FOODS we are essentially saying "I do not eat cooked foods." Again, people who DO eat cooked foods (i.e. most human beings) may take offense to this, as if we do not eat the way THEY do. But if we do not eat cooked foods than what do we eat? LIVE FOODS or foods that still have their incredible life-force-giving energy.

What I am suggesting is that, as a community, here on in, to open people's minds and hearts to the benefits of this lifestyle, we no longer make references to what it is we do not eat. Rather, we should make references to what we DO eat. Let's transition from negative connotations to POSITIVE connotations. Yes, we are proud to be raw organic vegans (and rightfully so!), but are we not prouder to be health-conscious people who strive to eat LIVE ORGANIC PLANT-BASED FOODS? What I am suggesting is a very subtle yet crucial change of language.

A consequence of being raw is that we are in an improved mental and emotional state to help others and to raise awareness. The second that we tell people we are raw organic vegan WE become responsible for scaring them away from this AMAZING, health-conscious lifestyle. If we want others to open their hearts to our ways, it is better to be living embodiments of OUR own ways rather than to be extremists who avoid THEIR ways.

REMEMBER, "I strive to eat LIVE ORGANIC PLANT-BASED FOODS."

Love and Peace,

Aaron