The Buffalo Live-Food Community Message Board › Wonderful Opportunity for the Meetup Group

Wonderful Opportunity for the Meetup Group

Aaron F.
Logic125
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Hello everyone,

I have been practicing yoga for the last year. In my opinion, a regular yoga practice is just as vital to health and well-being as a diet rich in live plant-based foods. The two are truly synergistic. I am writing to let you know about a new form of yoga to which I have been recently introduced, Svaroopa yoga. In the last year, I have taken classes at the Himalayan Institute, East Meets West, Shakti, and Bikram (all in Buffalo), and now at Snyder Holistic Health Center. I see benefits to many of these practices, but Svaroopa yoga is different in that it emphasizes releasing the muscles rather than stretching them, and it also focuses on creating proper spinal alignment. I was reluctant to try it at first, but I was surprised by its energetic effect after a single class. It is both restorative and accessible to everyone – experienced and inexperienced alike. This is not ‘exercise’ yoga.

For those of you that have had the good fortune to be at a live-food potluck in Snyder Holistic Health Center, you probably had the opportunity to meet Ben Nazitto. Ben is one of the owners and a devoted practitioner of Svaroopa yoga. Based on our interactions together, it is clear that he is a pure heart and he truly wants to share his knowledge of Svaroopa yoga with others for the benefit of all. Besides being a certified Svaroopa yoga instructor, Ben is licensed in acupuncture and certified as an herbologist. He has also completed extensive training in Traditional Chinese Medicine through the Pacific College of San Diego. After spending a great deal of time pursuing martial arts and various other spiritual practices, his current practice of choice is Svaroopa yoga.

Ben has kindly offered to schedule a class specially for members of The Buffalo Live-Food Meetup Group and those who attend the live-food potlucks, at a discounted rate. Ben has no knowledge of my writing to you. I am interested in putting this together because I think it would be a nice activity to do together as a community. Not to mention I see benefits to this yoga practice that I have not encountered in other yoga studios. So let me know if you are interested in taking classes once a week (classes are 1.5 hours each), and if so let me know of three blocks of time (e.g. Wednesday evenings, Monday mornings, etc…) that work for you and I will try to arrange this so as to accommodate as many people as possible.

If you would like to more information on Snyder Holistic Health Center, you can visit www.snyderholistichealth.com/.

Love and Peace,

Aaron

P.S. We are just $36 short of reaching out goal – that will cover the cost of maintaining the Meetup group until the end of the year. Any monetary support would be greatly appreciated.