The Buffalo Live-Food Community Message Board › Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Performs Mahler Symphony No. 4

Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Performs Mahler Symphony No. 4

Aaron F.
Logic125
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Hey everyone,

I am a huge appreciator of the BPO - I go to just about every performance I can. This Saturday,at 8pm, the BPO is performing one of the most uplifting classical pieces I have ever heard: Mahler Symphony No. 4. It is a truly beautiful piece. I think it would be a really nice Halloween event for us to share in. I am going either way - I just want to gauge others interest in going. Tickets are extremely reasonable as far as US symphony orchestras go. I am looking into discount rates...will keep you posted. For any one with a student ID tickets are $6 a piece (tickets prices are not quite THIS cheap for non-students). Here is information about the performance taken from the BPO website:

Music Director JoAnn Falletta leads the BPO in Mahler’s grand Symphony No. 4 – based upon the song "Das himmlische Leben". The Fourth is Mahler’s shortest symphony, which takes nothing away from the emotional impact of the work. Soprano Mary Wilson is featured in the fourth movement’s song. Arnold Schoenberg’s Transfigured Night – one of the composer’s most important early works, heavily influenced by Brahms, Mahler and Wagner – opens the concert.

Schoenberg - Transfigured Night

Mahler - Symphony No. 4

Also available as part of three-concert packages starting at as little as $37

And receive a FREE BPOvations “Behind the Score” with ANY package!

http://bpo.org/celebr...­

Let me know if you are interested and we could make this into a [fantastic] short notice meetup.

Love and Peace,

Aaron
Aaron F.
Logic125
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 17
Here is a note I received from Martha about discount BPO tickets:

"Aaron, are you aware that people can be picked up at Salvatore's on Transit for 10.00 each. They are shuttled down town, dropped off at the door and picked up at the door when the show is over. They must make reservations with the BPO and the buses leave promptly at 7:00. Their cars remain at Salvatore's." - Martha

Also, I received an e-mail from the guy in charge of group sales for the BPO. He thinks he could do main floor seating for us for as low as $20.

Hope this helps you decide!

Peace,

Aaron
Aaron F.
Logic125
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 18
Okay, I have arranged for the following:

A free seating upgrade and the lowest group rate so cost would be $21.00 for a $50.00 seat main floor.

Let do it!