BeachBladers Message Board › Summer 2013 East Coast Skating Events
Boca Raton, FL
First up is next weekend:
May 31 to June 2 (weekend after Memorial Day)
Our Own Joel Epstein is hosting Skate Boston:
For more information, www.skate-boston.net
or see our Facebook page Skate Boston 2013
Boston Park Plaza
50 Park Plaza at Arlington Street (and Columbus)
Rates are $159 per night for 2 Queen Beds or 1 King bed
www.bostonparkplaza.com Rate Code: SKA
(800) 225-2008 --- ask for the Skate Boston room block
We have reserved 20 rooms. If you are to cancel a reservation, please let me know beforehand so
I can allocate that room to another skater at our preferred rate.
Rooms must be reserved by June 19 for the preferred rate
If you reserve a room and need to cancel, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may give your room and the preferred rate to another skater.
We will do our best to accommodate visitors in matching them up with other skate roommates. Please contact me at email@example.com if you need assistance in finding an appropriate roommate.
1. Registration is now open. You can register by mail or on Active.com
Many volunteers have collaborated and worked hard to create an event that will be easy for you, the skater. We provide a SAG wagon, and water / snacks for the skates plus picnic lunches and group meals. Please register. Yes, we have included a price penalty for waiting to the very last week; it is an all-volunteer event and we'd rather be skating than working to accommodate procrastinators.
Registration is $15 for the full event ($10 for Skate Patrol); One-day event passes are $10.
Additionally, you are pre-paying for the meals:
• Picnic Lunches Saturday and Sunday are $10 for each day (you'd pay at least that on your own)
• Dinner Saturday at Fire + Ice -- pre-pay ($22 to guarantee a seat in our section)
• Friday post-skate dinner and drinks -- order as you like. We have reserved a private room at Rattlesnake and have a spending minimum; please join us if you can.
2. The Skates:
Group up is in Statler Park (behind the hotel) at Arlington and Columbus.
• Thursday -- evening skate 7:30 pm;
• Friday -- afternoon 3 pm; evening 7:00 pm, followed by a casual group dinner in a private room
• Saturday -- two skates, probably 10 am and 3 pm; Group Dinner at 8 pm.
• Sunday -- morning skate 9:30 am and a swansong skate at 2 pm.
3. Event T-shirt - $15 (Link for design: Skate-Boston.net/tshirt.php )
Very limited availability without pre-order. If you want one, pre-order in June.
4. Volunteers of all types are welcome. Please contact let me know. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please spread the word and invite your family and friends. Cyclists and marathon runners are also welcome (see FAQ on webpage).
As you are all aware, a ghastly act of terrorism at the Boston Marathon injured many, a dozen of whom required amputations. We, locals, skaters, runners, friends, and the whole world are all Boston Strong. Please consider supporting The One Fund Boston. http://action.onefund...
Lastly, please also consider attending any and all of the other East Coast group skates. The Schedule:
Philadelphia Philly Free Skate
June 21 to 23
Boston Skate Boston
July 19 to 21
New York Big Apple Roll
August 2 to 4
Miami Great EsSkate
2013 just ended; stay tuned for 2014 which will likely be in early February 2014.