Insights from the trenches of location technology – our speakers:
• Jess Stephens of TagPoints:
Jess Stephens is Director and Co-founder of @TagPoints, the Mobile Loyalty and Proximity Marketing Platform. TagPoints powers mobile solutions for retail environments, retargeting in store shoppers via their mobile phone, using their precise location. TagPoints delivered two UK firsts this year deploying iBeacons in retail settings.
• Tom Shakhli of Brixton Pound:
Just launched last week, Tom and Jura will talk about Brixton Pound (B£) – the money that sticks to Brixton. Keep it local and independent, for a strong economic community – and the challenges to make beacon-powered mobile payments possible.
Tom is a manager at the Brixton Pound, the first urban local currency in the UK and running since 2009. He is currently working on the implementation of the mobile app, developing a B£ lottery, and expanding its functions with the local authority. He also manages the hackathon ‘Made in Lambeth’, which brings skilled people together to design new services for the borough.
• Jura Ibl of September Projects:
Jura is the head of design at September Projects - independent studio from Prague developing experimental apps and services. I've spend 7 years in e-commerce investment company as product designer and strategist and turns back to indie development with new projects Dingo, B£ App and Happy. I believe technology tend to be invisible and I see Beacons as perfect tool to achieve this.
We like to thank:
• Rainmaking Loft for providing the awesome venue and
• Estimote for giving away three of their Developer Kits w/ 3 Estimote Beacons each
• LocalSocial for providing three Rococo Software Beacons (The beacons are manufactured in Japan by LocalSocial's partner Aplix, and have some fantastic security features that make them especially notable when considering scale deployments in retail and other verticals. They are also available in USB powered or coin-cell powered models and form factors, or you can choose to encase them in your own preferred style. Each pack of three will come preconfigured with your own LocalSocial account, meaning you can get experimenting with Proximity and the LocalSocial App within minutes, or indeed crack open XCode and use our SDK and Sample Apps to roll your own.)