What you need to know...read all 6 if you want us to consider you!
1. We are not for beginners. These workouts are really tough. Seriously...our routines are no joke. They are designed for people that are already in shape who are taking their fitness to the next level. All I'm saying is don't expect to show up having not exercised in years and think you'll be able to hang with us. This is elite level training. Really look at the planned workout and feel free to ask questions and make your own game plan about how you will modify it if you need to. You might need to bring your own pull up bands, lighter weights, etc. We are not personal trainers nor doctors...so please exercise wisely and pace yourself as you need to! If you are newly getting back to exercise...we recommend setting for a goal for yourself working out for a year consistently...running...doing crossfit type workouts and then to get back with us!
2. We are not your 12th Meetup to hang your hat on. We don't really want to have a thousand members. We just want a handful of committed people. With meetup making it cost more for groups larger than 50 we've decided to keep our size under that. To be considered you have to send us an actual photo of yourself and fill out our questionnaire or you will be denied. If we find that you never RSVP to anything and never show or make comments...you will be cut and someone will be given your spot who wants it more. People that RSVP to in-person WOD's and don't show without sending us a note making us wait somewhere will be cut without hesitation. (Unless they got hit by a car or something) Local people will be given precedence over long distance applicants. If you really want to secure your spot...donate money!
3. Our goal is all around fitness. We are not wanting to be like Mongo from the gym who can bench 400lbs but runs a yard and falls over winded...nor are we wanting to be that emaciated waif that can run 100 miles but can't do a pull up to save their life. Not that those are necessarily bad things...those just aren't our goals. Our workouts are designed to make us both strong and fast...like a football running back. Functional fitness!
4, We train for obstacle course races...especially the Spartan Race. Our workouts are mostly outdoors and some are "at home" challenges. We go out in all but the most extremes of weather and our workouts generally mimic what one might encounter in an obstacle course race. We're often at parks using weights that the environment provides (rocks, stumps, etc...) urban obstacles (picnic benches, steep hills, Folsom Lake, etc...) and a smattering of equipment that we might bring along (kettle bells, weight vests, dumbbells, etc.). Our workouts are generally some torturous thing we've invented or a common Crossfit workout. Running distances are generally between 1-6 miles though we have gone as far as 13ish. Many of us chat before the workout...put on our mood music for the WOD...then talk after about how it went. The exercise is too intense and focused to socialize during.
5. We are family friendly. If you have a swearing sailor mouth or are generally lewd...leave it at the local bar...not around our crew as our gatherings are rated PG for adults and children. Abusers of a family environment will be warned and then disinvited.
6. Our group is free...kind of. We (Mario and I) put a lot of effort into designing a great program. That translates into a lot of time and money. If you are regularly attending our workouts...we invite you to contribute what it is worth to you. That money will help us purchase more kettlebells...build climbing walls...ropes...etc.