Let's meet at the main WEST entrance, by the restrooms. (The East entrance is by the boat ramp, golf course and dog park.) Bear with me as I'm coming back into running after a 5 year absence.
Bring your headlamp, but I plan to stay on the main path for this run/walk. Feel free to run at your own pace - sometimes it's just great to know other people are out there on the trails with you - it gives you the motivation to get out there.
Bellingham Bay Half Marathon...Anyone up for training for the half marathon that takes place in our backyard Sunday, September 28? Should be a fantastic run! I'm thinking a once a week commitment for the run (you can run on your own schedule 2 other times throughout the week).
Join me for a beginning walk/run starting in March...More details to follow.
The website is here... Bellingham Bay Marathon.
- Start time: 7:30 AM (7:00 AM for early start walkers only) - NO LATE STARTS
- Participant age must be at least 18 years by day of race
- 500 registrations capacity
- Participants receive a gender specific Leslie Jordan technical shirt (sizes S to XXL; check fit guide for accurate size selection)
- Finishers receive a commemorative finisher medal
- Free shuttle bus transportation for marathon participants is available from E Maple St & Cornwall Av near Depot Market Square to marathon start line.
- Opening ceremony at the beautiful Wex'liem (Place of the Frogs) Community Building
- Start on Lummi Nation School entrance driveway off Blackhawk Way on Gooseberry Point
- Shuttle bus from finish line at Depot Market Square to marathon race start on Gooseberry Point for participants