Unbelievably scenic ride through the lush forest of the McKenzie River Trail! If you don't know MRT, it's considered one of the top ten MTB trails in the U.S.! Miles of flowing singletrack thru dense forest along the McKenzie River.
This will be an out-and-back ride from the lower parking lot to Blue Pool. The pace will be moderate, best for taking in the scenery. The last half mile is technically challenging (T4), with some hike-a-bike, as we get into the lava rock terrain that upper MRT is famous for. The Blue Pool stop is worth the effort! The remainder of the terrain is T3, but with some exposure. We climb most of the way to Blue Pool. We'll lunch there (bring food) before the spectacular return down the trail. 5 miles from the finish, we can pause at Belknap Springs for a snack by the river. At 33.5 miles, this is an "Epic" ride and participants should be up for that distance. Perfect for the stronger intermediate rider....also great for the advanced rider who's more interested in experiencing great scenery than moving up the Strava rankings. This is a group ride and we will stop as needed to keep everyone together.
Feel free to contact me thru meetup with any questions concerning this ride!
It's McKenzie River Trail....what more can you say!
This is a full day activity.....1.5hrs driving each way and 6.5hrs riding = 9.5hrs total.
Ride Rating; Intermediate+; Endurance Rating E4, Technical Rating T3.5
(to see rating descriptions, click "More" tab above and select "Files")
33.5 Miles and about 2700’ of climbing. About 6.5 hours
**Rules of the Rides**
• Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
• To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
• All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
• No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
• Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: Mountain Biking can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its’ members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to their equipment or themselves.