Join in for this epic ride incorporating some of the best "close-in" trails west of Bend!
From Skyliners Sno-Park, we'll warm up on Tumalo Creek trail before the 3.5mile Northfork climb past 7 waterfalls! At Happy Valley, we turn down Met-Win to join Mrazek for 14 miles of downhill bliss! Just before Shevlin Park, we'll take the connector trail over to Bens trail (junction 5.) A short, fun downhill on MTB takes us to Kents trail, where we begin the climb to intercept Phils trail. It's a short ride up Phils before taking Voodoo trail back over to Bens. Now for a steady climb up to junction 29, where we join Skyliners trail for a flowy and fun return to the parking lot.
Lots of turns, yes, but we'll regroup at each intersection! Plus, lot's of great places to get group photos.
The pace will be moderate, best for taking in the scenery. At 33.5 miles, this is an "Epic" ride and participants should be up for that distance. Perfect for the stronger intermediate rider....also great for the advanced rider who's more interested in experiencing great scenery than moving up the Strava rankings. This is a group ride and we will stop as needed to keep everyone together.
Feel free to contact me thru meetup with any questions concerning this ride!
Ride Rating; Intermediate+; Endurance Rating E4, Technical Rating T3.5
(to see rating descriptions, click "More" tab above and select "Files")
33.5 Miles and about 3400’ of climbing. About 5 hours
**Rules of the Rides**
• Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
• To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
• All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
• No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
• Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: Mountain Biking can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its’ members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to their equipment or themselves.