Let's enjoy the fall colors while riding the beautiful Deschutes River Trail for this Hoppy hour ride. We'll start at the Lava Falls parking lot and then continue to Benham Falls where we'll head back. We'll ride at an easy intermediate pace taking care not to run down any hikers or fisherman. This is a social ride...no one is ever left behind! This is 7.3 miles one way or a total of 14.6 miles of mostly flat terrain (1 hill).
For those wishing to carpool, please meet at Goodlife parking lot (south side) at 3:30 to arrange carpools. No need for Forest Service Passes since the government is shut down. The bathrooms are too however so please plan accordingly!
After the ride, we'll head to Goodlife Brewery, where we can purchase our beers inside with a 20% discount. Unfortunately food must be purchased and eaten inside as well. No need to hurry on this ride as we can arrive after 6pm and still enjoy a discounted beverage and a newly revised food menu. This particular ride is not recommended for novice or very beginning riders as the pace will be easy intermediate. Trail is recommended for mountain bikes, adventuresome cross bikers, or fat bikes.
Please remember that the Hoppy hour ride is a social ride; We ride, we laugh, we drink beer or soda, we have fun. TGIF
BACE Riding Rules
• Helmet Required. Must meet U.S. CPSC Safety Standards for Bicycle Helmets
• To participate you must be a member of the BACE Meetup and be RSVP’d Yes for this activity. Sorry, no guests.
• Only adults can participate.
• Participants must be self-sufficient with their own hydration, tools, spares, and first aid.
• Cycling activities may be impacted by changing conditions. Participants should monitor this page for cancellations or changes.
• No dogs.
BACE Liability Waiver
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: Road Biking can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to their equipment or themselves.