Looking for a fun way to end your day? Come join us on an intermediate speed, cross tour ride that incorporates road, and single track! Strong mountain bikers are also welcome!
We'll start from Cascade Lakes Lodge and ride up Cascade Lakes Highway until we reach the single track where Storm King crosses the Highway. Now the fun begins! We'll ride Storm King to Grand Slam to KGB and eventually to Skyline Ranch road and back to the brewery. Since there aren't any shortcuts to the road, please bring a light "just in case".
Also, be sure to pack an extra tube or two as the possibility of pinch flats is ever present when embarking on this type of incredibly fun cross tour ride. This ride is not technical but does require a bit more concentration and bike handling skills on a cross bike than on a regular mountain bike, hence the advanced intermediate rating. We will also encounter a small section of trail that is rated "Bend" black diamond which should be fine. We will regroup at all intersections so that no one is left behind.
After the ride, we can warm up at Cascade Lakes Lodge. If there is a large enough group I can ask for a gift certificate as well. As the weather can change quickly at this time of year, please be sure to check back before the ride to see if there are any changes.
Ride Rating; Upper Intermediate; Endurance Rating E2.5, Technical Rating T3.0 (to see rating descriptions, click "More" tab above and select "Files"), Estimate of 22 Miles and about 880’ of climbing? (complete guess...just go with it!) About 3.0 hours.
**Rules of the Rides**
• Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
• To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
• All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
• No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
• Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: Mountain Biking can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its’ members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to their equipment or themselves.