This is the "soak" part of the "snow and soak" meetup. This meetup will be limited to 8 people in the hopes that we can get into the tub. So far we are 100% for getting in! Except when the tub is closed for maintenance:(
Afterwards we usually have dinner/beers in the restaurant.
Bring, id, water, $5.00, and a towel.
Generally reserved for those attending the "ride" part unless the "soak" part does not fill up.
As we start to ride in the dark and in colder weather I think we all need to take a few extra precautions and be prepared for problematic situations. Bring a phone and have in mind someone who you could call if needed. Someone in town that has a car. But lets also carry each others numbers a bit. Mine is[masked](david baker) Look at a map before the ride and examine possible alternate routes that could be taken in the event of an emergency. Bring hand warmers, food, and a basic survival kit. Wear lots of layers. Wear winter/specific clothing. Err on the side of warmth with your hands and feet. If you don't have winter shoes use warm shoe covers. If you wear something a little light make it your coat, but bring an extra. Bring spare lights. Don't be afraid to tell people if you are uncomfortable with anything before or during the ride. Others can help you, and/or the ride does not need to continue forward if someone is suffering. Let's all be safe, for a lot of us we are just now experimenting with winter/cold weather riding.
*Rules of the Rides*
• Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
• To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
• All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
• No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
• Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: Mountain Biking can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its’ members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to their equipment or themselves. BACE Rules:
• Helmet Required. Must meet U.S. CPSC Safety Standards for Bicycle Helmets
• To participate you must be a member of the BACE Meetup and be RSVP’d Yes for this activity. Sorry, no guests.
• Only adults can participate.
• Participants must be self-sufficient with their own hydration, tools, spares, and first aid.
• Cycling activities may be impacted by changing conditions. Participants should monitor this page for cancellations or changes.
• No dogs.
BACE Liability Waiver
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: Road Biking can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to their equipment or themselves.