A 30 percent chance of rain after 5pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 54. South wind around 7 mph becoming west in the morning :o(
Unfortunately the weather is not co-operating for our Mardi Gras excursion on fat bikes. I've heard back from David that Horse Butte is too wet so it looks like we'll be doing an urban ride. In that case.....
Costumes and beads are welcome but not required however helmets are. We can travel through town on an urban ride incorporating less traveled roads and perhaps some trails. Please bring a front and rear light just in case as well as a bike lock. This ride is now open to any fat tire bike-not just fat bikes so you won't need to rent or borrow one as there won't be snow. I imagine we'll be out a few hours and will try to ride trails more than roads as much as possible.
We'll take turns leading the ride and may have fun doing some urban skills as well. Mileage 5-10, speed variable, may involve rest stops....laughter required.
**Rules of the Rides**
• Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
• To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
• All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
• No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
• Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: Mountain Biking can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to their equipment or themselves.