875 NW Brooks St., Bend, OR
Really depends on the weather!!
I have the full moon timing right this time so that it will rise before we finish. ;)
Ride either one of my Dutchman Todd lake loops or down to Sparks lake and back. Either way we could be out for 3 hours. Take that as a hint as to how long your lights need to last. Good thing is you run your lights on the lowest settings when riding in the snow. Too much light and it is hard to see due to reflection. We also had a full moon on Wednesday so it will be bright.
Dress appropriately low of 32° with a breeze so its almost shorts and t-shirts while riding. ;)
Dutchman Todd Lake about 10 miles with one 1/4 mile hike-a-bike up hill. If you can clean this hill I'll buy you a growler fill of your choice.
Sparks lake out and back ~ 11 miles with a steady climb back up.
Meet at Crows Feet Commons 4:30 pm to carpool then drive up to Dutchman Snow park.
Another benefit of a night ride is there shouldn't be many Snowmobiles.
Items needed. • Fatbike
• your 10 essentials
• Helmets mandatory
• Front light and rear blinky. mandatory
If we are out on Cascades Lake HWY wee need to be visible to the snowmobiles so at a minimum the last person in line needs to run a blinky.
**Rules of the Rides**
• Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
• To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
• All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
• No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
• Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: Mountain Biking can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to their equipment or themselves.