Here is a picture from today(Thursday) at Swamp Wells. There may be a little snow at the top, but conditions are generally excellent. This loop should take us about 3 hours. It is 26 miles with about 2000 feet of climbing. Technically it is not that challenging but it is a long ways out in the woods so bring food, proper clothing for 5,500 feet elevation, and emergency supplies. This ride is for advanced riders, the pace will be kind of fast. We will wait for dropped riders periodically. This should not be your first ride of the year. If you would like to ride out with me, meet at the senior center at 9:30 with a 9:30 departure, no turn around time at senior center. There will be extra credit riding afterwards TBD but most likely would include swinging by a coffee shop and heading west for something:)
This trail is the best thing going right now, it's gonna be a great day!
Please post in the comment section if you have any questions at all.
**Rules of the Rides**
• Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
• To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
• All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
• No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
• Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this Meetup, I agree to the following: Mountain Biking can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its’ members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to their equipment or themselves.