Let's ride the beautiful and fun Deschutes River Trail for this Taco Tuesday ride. We'll start at the Lava Falls parking lot and then continue to Benham Falls where we'll head back. We'll ride at an easy intermediate pace taking care not to run down any hikers or fisherman. This is a social ride...no one is ever left behind! This is 7.3 miles one way or a total of 14.6 miles of mostly flat terrain (1 hill).
This is a small group ride....thus limited. Please note that if you have been noted with 2 or more "no shows" for BACE, in the past 12 months, you will be moved to the wait list if the ride fills up to accommodate those riders that are more reliable. New BACE members will get preference on this ride!
Remember to bring your forest service pass if you are going to park at the Lava Falls parking area as you will need it as of May 1st.
After the ride, those inclined, can head to Cascade Lakes Brewery for Taco Tuesday where we can purchase cheap tacos and margaritas. This particular ride is not recommended for novice or very beginning riders as the pace will be easy breezy intermediate. Trail is recommended for mountain bikes, adventuresome cross bikers, or fat bikes.
Please remember that the Taco Tuesday ride is a social ride; We ride, we laugh, we drink beer, margaritas, water etc., we have fun.
**Rules of the Rides**
* Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
* Participants must be age 18 or over.
* To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
* All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
* No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
* Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: I am age 18 or over. I understand that cycling activities can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage or injury to their equipment, themselves or others.