My ride leading debut, filling in for Bonnie's popular "Nice and Easy" Wednesday ride. This will be sort of a classic Phils loop beginning with Bens to Rd. 300, ride up to next step, then Storm King, COD, ELV to the Flaming Chicken, back down on Phils. At this hour it should be relatively cool and we shouldn't encounter much congestion on the trail. This is NOT a beginners ride, more reasonable- intermediate pace on fairly non-technical trails. We will regroup at major intersections, nobody left behind. Please be on time, with a fully-functional bike, and be prepared to stay moving once we kick it off. Figure about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Post-ride debriefing at Brother Johns on Galveston.
Ride Rating; Intermediate; Endurance Rating E3.5, Technical Rating T3
(to see rating descriptions, click "More" tab above and select "Files") 23 +/- miles and about 1700’ of climbing. About 2.5 hours
**Rules of the Rides**
* Participants must be 18 or over.
* Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
* To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
* All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
* No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
* Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: I am age 18 or over. Cycling can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage or injury to their equipment or themselves.