Let's ride the shady (and hopefully cooler) roads along the Metolius River near Camp Sherman. This is a very scenic ride following the river. The route will generally follow the designated Metolius River Scenic Bikeway Route. A total of approximately 22 to 24 miles. The terrain is level to rolling with no major hills. The pace will be 12 to 14 mph. This ride is not posted as a beginners ride and riders should be comfortable with a consistent moderate pace. Following the ride there will be an optional lunch at the Camp Sherman Store, which has great sandwiches and dynamite smoothies.
For those wishing to carpool please meet at the Starbucks at the Cascade Village Shopping Center at 9:00.
**Rules of the Rides**
* Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
* Participants must be age 18 or over.
* To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
* All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
* No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
* Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: I am age 18 or over. I understand that cycling activities can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage or injury to their equipment, themselves or others.