For this Intermediate after work ride, we'll start with a 1 hour fireroad climb....the new Tyler's Traverse access....up to the top of Tyler's Traverse. The reward for our pain? How about one of the best descents in Central Oregon; Tyler's Traverse (the whole enchilada)! Tyler's is now a one-way trail, so we can let it fly without fear of meeting climbing riders. There is an option to return from Kiwa Springs, for about 1/2 the distance. Total about 20 miles, with about 1800' of climbing. About 2.5hrs at a intermediate pace with no one left behind. However, this is by no means a beginner's ride.
Good idea to bring lights, as we will be finishing at dusk.
Join us afterwards for a fun debriefing at a local brewery (who supports BACE with a discount), which will be announced at the start point.
**Rules of the Rides**
* Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
* Participants must be age 18 or over.
* To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
* All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
* No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
* Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: I am age 18 or over. I understand that cycling activities can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage or injury to their equipment, themselves or others.