Join me for an epic & meandering ride from Phils trailhead to Edison Sno-Park and back, in an attempt to log and complete 50 miles on singletrack! The ride will include almost every trail in the Phils system, in no particular order.
This is an advanced ride due to the mileage and climbing, but will be done at an intermediate pace. It will be my longest ride of the year and I have to be thinking of mile 50 on mile 1. Attendees are welcome to leave the meetup ride if they prefer to go faster, or need to go slower, but make sure you know the area or have a map. My goal is to stop 5 min after each hour +/- of riding, plus a 15 min lunch break around Wanoga Sno-park. Minimal stopping , but it is not a race!
Ride Rating; Advanced; Endurance Rating E5, Technical Rating T3.5
(to see rating descriptions, click "More" tab above and select "Files")
50 Miles and about 5000’ of climbing. About 6 hours
**Rules of the Rides**
* Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
* Participants must be 18 or over.
* To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
* All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
* No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
* Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: I am age 18 or over. Cycling can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage or injury to their equipment or themselves.