Pre-trip meeting 5 pm on Thursday Sep 4th at Brewerks !
This introductory bikepacking trip will start at Crescent Lake, and visit several other lakes in the area : Lemolo, Timpanogas, Indigo, and Summit. The trip is suitable for riders of advanced-intermediate skill, with little or no bikepacking experience. Mileage per day will be around 25 miles, at an 'exploratory' pace.
Trip length will be 3-4 days - it can be done easily in 3 days, but might want to extend another day depending on conditions and group consensus.
Ride will start from the Oldenberg trailhead at the south end of Crescent Lake : take Road 60 south from the town of Crescent Lake, and follow the road around the lake CCW to the trailhead parking on the left (just before a hill and about a half mile before pavement ends). It is about a 1.5 hour drive from Bend.
Day 1 : Crescent Lake to Lemolo Lake. Follow Oldenberg trail, a steady but gradual climb for 10 miles up to the PCT intersection at Windy Pass. Then 7 miles downhill on Kelsey horse trail, to the start of the North Umpqua Trail. Follow NUT for a couple of miles to Lemolo Lake and camp there.
Day 2 : Lemolo Lake to Indigo Lake. NUT to Rd 700 intersection, then follow roads 700,70 and 2154 to Timpanogas Lake. A fair amount of climbing this day, mostly on dirt roads. Take trail up to Indigo Lake and camp there.
Day 3 : Indigo Lake to Summit Lake. Take Windy Pass trail to Summit Lake. For a 3 day trip, continue past Summit to Windy Lakes trail and back to trailhead. For a 4 day trip, possibly explore Indigo Lake area trails, then head over to Summit Lake to camp, and then have a short ride back to trailhead on day 4.
**Rules of the Rides**
* Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
* Participants must be 18 or over.
* To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
* All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
* No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
* Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: I am age 18 or over. Cycling can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage or injury to their equipment or themselves.