Bend Canine Friends Message Board › Ochoco National Forest abandoned mines outing on Jan 12

Ochoco National Forest abandoned mines outing on Jan 12

Mark D.
user 92114752
Bend, OR
Hello Dog Lovers!
Unfortunately, I have to inform you that we have decided to cancel tomorrow's outing to the Ochoco National Forest abandoned mines. Due to the really inclement weather conditions we are having here in Bend we believe it would be better to postpone this outing to a date when we can expect better weather conditions. The elevation of the mines goes from 4800’ to 5200’. The route to the mines would take us over more than 15 miles of Forest Service roads that might be unplowed and difficult to pass. As I have never been to this area I must bow to prudence because I do not want to put anyone at risk of getting stuck in the snow or worse. I have really been looking forward to this outing, but now does not seem the right time to go there.
I do plan to reschedule this trip to a later date, perhaps in the spring time when the flowers are blooming. So stay tuned!
Please accept my apology for canceling this event. Safety is paramount and I ask for your understanding.
Best regards,
Mark Davis