Bend Canine Friends Message Board › Steelhead Falls hike on May 11th

Steelhead Falls hike on May 11th

Mark D.
user 92114752
Bend, OR
Hello Dog Lovers While I wanted to cap the number of people going on this hike to 15, I just felt I needed to clear everyone from the waiting list because you've all been so great about my having to postpone this hike twice. I did not get one complaint. So thank you all for your patience.
I wanted to give you one other note of advice about this hike. This trail is also used by anglers who would appreciate our keeping our dogs away from the river on the first 1/2 mile of the hike as we go down into the canyon. I would suggest (rather strongly) that you keep your dog on leash for the first 1/2 mile of the hike if your dog's recall is not good. We do not want any dogs running down to the river and disturbing the anglers down there. Please wear sturdy hiking boots as the trail is steep in some places. You'll also need sturdy boots for the rock scrambling further down past the falls. Always bring water to keep hydrated.
Finally, please UN-RSVP if you cannot make this hike. I do not want to be waiting for someone at our meet-up point who cannot make it and forgot to UN-RSVP. Thanks for your cooperation.
Best regards,
Mark Davis, your host