Bend Canine Friends is a friendly group of active people who are passionate about our canine friends. We come together for various kinds of activities for the benefit of dogs.
What we do:
1) Much of our activity provides Bend Canine Friends members opportunities to make a real difference in the lives of dogs. Many dogs in Central Oregon live unhappy lives outside in the cold or hot summer sun at the end of a chain. Bend Canine Friends has become a gathering point for dog lovers to hook up with the non-profit organization Fences For Fido to participate in projects to free as many dogs as possible from life at the end of a chain. If you would like to join Fences For Fido to help build a fence or dog house for one of these unfortunate dogs all you need to do is sign up for one of the many Fences For Fido projects listed on the Bend Canine Friends Meet-up site. More information about Fences For Fido can be found at www.fencesforfido.org
2) If volunteering is not your thing Bend Canine Friends offer group hikes with our dogs (on-leash or off-leash-where permitted) out in areas of natural beauty here in Central Oregon. We believe that an active dog is a happy dog. The events that we host are focused on giving your dog(s) the opportunity to socialize with other dogs and people in a non-stressful, fun environment.
3) We also post fundraising events for local non-profits that are dedicated to improving the lives of canines here in Central Oregon.
We strive to make every member of our meet-up group feel welcome. We are not a cliquish group. Don’t have a dog at this time? No problem! If you are a dog lover, this is the place for you!
Of Special note:
• Please respect your volunteer Event Host and always comply with their advice and direction. Safety is our top priority!
• No weapons of any kind will be allowed on our hikes or at any of our events.
• No children under the age of 18 are permitted on our hikes or at any of our Fences For Fido events.
By becoming a member of Bend Canine Friends you are confirming that you have read our Implied Waiver of Liability located at http://tinyurl.com/moqhg6t & that you have fully accepted in its entirety the terms of this waiver of liability.
This group exists and thrives through the efforts of our team of volunteer leaders. We can make this group even better if more of you members step up and become event organizers. Please consider helping out by contacting this group's organizer, Martha Nordbusch or Co-organizer Mark Davis.