Bend Photographers Group Message Board › Donations for the cost of the Meeup site - not required, but certainly appre

Donations for the cost of the Meeup site - not required, but certainly appreciated

Robert C.
Bendeugene
Group Organizer
Bend, OR
Hi, All!

I've finally decided to ask for help to pay for the cost of the Meetup site in a more formal way – cash, check or PayPal on our site.

The use of the site is not free, but costs me $144 per year.  I have received donations from the same four or five people over the last two years, which I have appreciated very much.  I have personally covered the difference for the Meetup fees and other costs of running the group for two years now. Many of you attend most every event.  If the 20 or 30 people who come to most of the Meetups each contributed $5 to $10 a year, the cost of the site fees and other money I spend for each event would be covered.

My office donates a place to meet.  The Cascade Center of Photography donates a place to meet.  I donate my time to answer questions, conceive Meetups, schedule Meetups, schedule a venue and manage dozens of photos sent to me for each critique.  The other Organizers also put in time and energy behind the scenes to make the group the success it is.  It seems only right that the members who receive the most from the group should also make a donation for the benefits I hope they receive.

Any questions? Any answers? Email me at: realtor@bendbroadband.com­

Thanks to all of you for making this a really fun and worthwhile Meetup group!

Robert
Tim L.
user 64899532
Bend, OR
Post #: 1
Robert,
I'm glad you are formalizing the request for donations to support the group and its meetings. I had not known the costs you were incurring for administering the group for us. I now see the membership donation section on the website. I'm glad to contribute.

I also wonder if something could be said about its funding in the "about us" section in the sidebar. It might help. Further, I wonder if a snack sign-up list would help. If 2-3 people volunteered to bring each meeting, it could relieve the people who repeatedly bring snacks. It would involve a little more administration to make sure someone will bring something but it might also relieve any repressed animosity that might build up.

I want to thank you again for what you do and appreciate your efforts to provide for this group.

Tim Lyden