Bend Photographers Group Message Board › Group Poll

Group Poll

Tom R.
user 3906511
Perth, GB
The Photography Group poll (Questionaire) is located under the "More" tab on the group website. You have to be logged-in to see it.

Tim L.
user 64899532
Group Organizer
Bend, OR
Post #: 2
Tom and each of the group leaders,

I have enjoyed participating in this meet-up group for the past 8 or so months. It was nice to see the survey which significantly takes further the inquiries into the direction for the group that took place at the year end social.

After completing the questionnaire, I want to supplement my responses with a few elaborating comments. I hope they will help.

Just as I work to compose a good photograph by balancing several elements in the shot, I personally appreciate the composition of the meet-up group that balances the technical, artistic, and social elements in the meetings, assignments, and critiques. And while I enjoy all three, I myself most favor the opportunity to further develop and enhance my photographic skills and interpretation.

With this said, I have listed below, in no significant order, some possible outing, assignments, or critiques that could be used to blend together technical and artistic elements of our activities:

• Photographing moon and sky: Night settings
  • Sunsets and silhouettes: Working with back-lighting
  • Flowers: Working with depth of field/macro settings
  • Shadows: Working with sidelighting
  • Close-ups: Working with flash/lighting sources
  • Lights, Camera, Action: Working with speed settings
  • Party of Two: Incorporating multiple focus elements for dramatic effect
  • Get it Straight: Taking picture pairs in horizontal and vertical orientation

I'm sure many of us can add numerous more topics blending technical elements into the themes. I hope this input will help as we reconsider our themes and assignments as we continue to develop our love and knowledge of photography in such an enjoyable context.

Thanks again for all that you have done in this group for all of us.

Tim Lyden