Bend Photographers Group Message Board › New Member - Learning to Shoot

New Member - Learning to Shoot

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello group, my name is Vicky and I just joined your group. Looks like a nice one! smile

I reside just north of Madras, Oregon and enjoy taking photos of the outdoors whenever I have some spare time. I am also interested in locating classes that can help me with my digital camera - learning settings, etc, and have not been too successful in locating anything this side of the Cascades.

Just wondering if anyone might have some insight to my little dilemma that they could share with me?

Glad to meet you all.
Robert C.
Bendeugene
Group Organizer
Bend, OR
Post #: 38
Hi, Vicky.

We used to have instructional Meetups, but haven't done that in some time. We get together to look at each others photos and offer constructive criticism, socialize and learn what works and what doesn't.

A couple of suggestions: the libraries here have some very good books on basic photography skills and how the triad of ISO, shutter speed and f/stop affect photographic results. That technical part of photography is interesting to some - boring to others, but it's still important to understand. Next suggestion is to look into the Cascade Center of Photography here in Bend and take some classes! http://www.ccophoto.c...­ Or enroll in COCC.

The best suggestion might be to keep taking photos and look at what you like and see how you did it - and then, do it some more!

Hope this helps a bit,
Robert