We had so much fun snow shoeing last year with Hazel and Tom that we're planning an encore this year. Last year's event:
Ed and Ben will each take up to 15 snow shoe hikers to the Swampy Shelter and back. One group will take the Pocupine Loop clockwise, the other group will go counter clockwise. We will cross paths - perhaps at the shelter.
This trek is about 5 miles total with a rest in the middle. This is not a beginners event.
- The route ascends and descends Porcupine Butte so please bring water and snacks to keep yourself going.
- Please bring a Snow Park pass if you plan to drive. We'll facilitate car-pooling at the meet-up location.
- It's winter and cold out. Dress appropriately in layers. One starts cold and then heats up, so be able to store your peeled off layers.
- Bring all your typical emergency gear - including a compass - and know how to use it.
- Bring emergency lighting and backup batteries.
NOTE: winter weather is hard to predict ... we may have to adapt our plans.