Berkeley Vegan Dinner Meetup Message Board › Homophobia & Discrimination on MeetUp - your feedback requested

Homophobia & Discrimination on MeetUp - your feedback requested

This message board is read-only.

A former member
Post #: 33
...I've found that vegans generally can't be bothered to get along with anyone with other dietary practices...) ....

David, sorry to hear that you've been discriminated by my other vegan friends. You need to ask them, "When it's okay for you to get along with meat eaters and vegans who need fake meat in their diet, what's your problem with vegetarians?"

You'll find it might be racism.

Any queries can be forwarded to bffrahul at gmail dot com.
Jenn C.
jennclark
Oakland, CA
Post #: 26
The whole meaning of my email thread has been modified.

...it does seem to me like it is a group of straight guys, possibly immigrants, from a particular background ...

It's an example of hatred and bigotry.

I'm sorry - I'm unclear on how an observation that most of the men who RSVP'd "Yes' for that particular event all seemed to have Indian first names - while the women were a much more mixed group - qualifies as hatred or bigotry. I was perfectly interested and willing to attend this event. You were the one who told me that I wasn't accepted.

Now it's clear! People, who have shown strong nationalism and racism in their behavior, want equality. Does it make sense?

Chip. Shoulder. Much?

...who are looking for "suitable" matches, not so much just to meet other vegans....

What are they doing? To look for other gays to have s*x?

I'm sorry - I have no idea what this means.

Personally, I enjoy meeting other singles - regardless of sexual orientation - because they share similar (lack of) constraints of lifestyle - no kids no spouse = more flexibility in scheduling things to do. They might also introduce me to other people I might not have met and vice versa. I didn't RSVP "yes" to the singles vegan brunch because I wanted to find a hook-up but that's certainly how you made it sound with your reponses to me and to the other member you ejected.

Any queries can be forwarded to bffrahul at gmail dot com.

Sorry, I do not want to get into a private flame war with someone with an agenda like yours.