addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Berkeley Philosophy Reading Group Message Board › Meetup's "New View"

Meetup's "New View"

user 5618101
Group Organizer
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 25
Just in case anyone thinks I had anything to do with the change in the format of this group's home page:
Starting yesterday, every group's home page on has been displayed with a "New View". Here is what our group's home page looks like right now.

If you don't remember what it used to look like, here is a picture of the "Old View", captured two days earlier.

Spokespersons for keep insisting that the New View is better than the Old View, but I and lots of other customers disagree. There's actually a meetup group dedicated to pressuring to allow organizers the option of displaying our groups with the Old View that has served us well for so many years. I'll do what I can to make this home page more user-friendly. As organizer, I can tweak the settings on the "Latest activity" that gets displayed, but even if I ask it to display nothing, it still sits there in the dominant position with the note "The Organizer has hidden some or all of the group's latest activity."