We've been invited to be part of this summer's greatest tech festival in Berlin: Campus Party and we are thrilled to follow that call.
Campus Party is the biggest electronic entertainment event in the world. It's a weeklong, 24-hours-a-day technology festival for thousands of “campuseros” - hackers, developers, gamers and geeks. Equipped with computers and other toys, they camp on-site and immerse themselves in a truly unique environment.
Same same, but different
The format of Berlin Hack and Tell won't change (see rules) but this time we have quite a lot of differences to the other shows:
- You'll need a ticket to get on the festival area.
- We are not at c-base.
- We will only have a slot of 2 hours - so let's make it count
- Since our schedule is very tight we will allow only 2 mins for setup and 5 mins for Q&A afterwards. This makes a rough number of 8-10 presenters. Be sure to contact as early to be included in the presenters list.
- There won't be any free food.
- There will be up to 10000 people but we will have competition by 9 stages, workshops and other events.
- RSVPing here does not save you a seat this time as we can't control the festival area and it doesn't mean a free ticket either!
There are not many rules, but:
- You'll get 5 Minutes to present in English
- you or your team should have built it yourself
- people can ask you afterwards
- NO PURE SLIDEDECKS, no pitches, only Demos + Code
- keep in mind that the audiences is highly technical and starts snoring if you do marketing voodoo
- entertain us!
If you come, tell us through Meetup. If you want to present, tell us in the registration form. And if you have feedback please send it to [masked]. Our relaxed event will only as good as everybody makes it.
PS: For a limited number of presenters we can arrange a free ticket! If you want to join for sure you should bring a hack and contact us with a short description of your hack and what you need to present it.
HACK THE PLANET!
Tobias, Keith and Stefan, your Berlin Hack & Tell organizers