Berlin Social Activities and Events Message Board › Next book for the book club?

Next book for the book club?

Group Organizer
Berlin, DE
(this email is just going to book club attendees, not the entire mail list)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming out last night and dissecting another book!

For the next book selection, opinion seems to be we'd like to stick with Berlin still but move the timeframe away from the Nazi era and into the Cold War. We'd also like a book with a more classic storyline with interesting, well drawn out characters. We'd also like it to be more manageable in length! (<= 300 pages)

Instead of taking time to compile a Poll, create it, vote on it, etc, how about we just go with the runner up book from the last poll, "The Innocent" by Ian McEwan? That's about the Cold War era of 1950s Berlin and it clocks in at a manageable 240 pages.

Save the date for Tuesday April 30th and I'd like to use a different place next time, something more central?

Thoughts about the book and ideas for a new location?

A former member
Post #: 1
I'll try to make sure I can finish the book and make it this time. I second the choice for "The Innocent". Love McEwan.
A former member
Post #: 3
I agree with both limiting the length of the books and with the suggestion for next month's book... I must confess I decided not to come yesterday because i hadn't finished the Fallada book... I probably would not have been the only one who hadn't read it through, I gather wink