Berlin Social Activities and Events Message Board › Looking for volunteers for smaller Meetups

Looking for volunteers for smaller Meetups

Chris
CTroise
Group Organizer
Berlin, DE
Hi everyone,
My old timers will remember that back in the day (just last year?) I used to host smaller Meetups of just 3 or 4 people where we would see cool libraries (Humboldt University's Reading Room) or events (Post War Woman Architect's showing at the Deutsche's Gallery), and/or the last gathering for the Guggenheim Museum in the Deutsche Bank space on Unter den Linden, and so before we went to see the Weihnachtsbaum festivities at the Gendarmenmarkt.
At the moment I will first be going on vacation for a month and then when I return I will be focusing on us doing our Co-Event with Charles Clawson's weekly gathering (100+ people on top of whatever is RSVP'ed here!) but I know everyone here wants to get out before I return. To that end, I'd like to make a generic calling out for volunteers to help host events here before I, and my co-hosts return from vacation? If you have something you'd like to do, something that you know about in advance beyond using the "Impromptu Way to Hang Out" Meetup, please please get in touch with me and let's see if we can get something going?
This is really turning into a no-strings-attached way for new arrivals in Berlin to get out and make friends and that momentum should not stop just because I'm chilling in Italy etc :)
So please reach out to me if you'd like to host an event in the next month or so -
Cheers,
Chris
0176-538-2-6473
Mark
user 11664156
Berlin, DE
Post #: 10
Hi Chris, do you have some ideas in mind? I'm already hosting a few events in another group here in Berlin and it would be cool to co host a few events so we have more reach.
A former member
Post #: 6
Hi Chris,
I'd be interested in hosting museum-related meetups during the summer. Perhaps visit the Film Museum in Potsdamer Platz, the Max Liebermann Museum in Wannsee, or even some historical sites in the city.
Anyway, let me know if you think its a good idea...
Elisa
Chris
CTroise
Group Organizer
Berlin, DE
Post #: 35
Mark - I'm slightly against cross posting meetups to more than one group in general because I think each Meetup should maintain its own style and flavor and there shouldn't be a carpet bombing with events, but if the summer in Berlin is its "silly season" maybe its fine, send me a short email to ctroise@gmail.com with thoughts and we'll give it a try? Elisa - I love your ideas and let's talk about getting them posted. Um, ibid the "ctroise@gmail.com" thing :)