Berwyn, IL Gamers Meetup Group Message Board End of Days; D&D 3.5 adventure with Ben › End of Days: Campaign description & character creation

End of Days: Campaign description & character creation

Ken B
user 154764972
Franklin Park, IL
Post #: 1
Since magic seems to be covered 7 ways to Sunday, I may go with a Barbarian build but not sure if I'll dip into prestige classes or what race yet.
Travis
user 54913232
Bloomingdale, IL
Post #: 5
what alignment restrictions are we playing with? no evil?, no psycho killers? or evil as long as they can totally act in a party? any paladin ideas being tossed around since they basically force alignments. whats peoples feelings?
Ben
user 8076072
Naperville, IL
Post #: 100
I'm not strictly opposed to Evil alignments, but I would want there to be a good reason for it. The character needs to be willing to work with the group, able to enter a large city without automatically causing a ton of trouble, and be willing to take on dangerous jobs that involve or result in helping others. These are the most basic personality traits that are going to be required for any character to even be in the right place at the right time to be a part of this adventure.
Ben
user 8076072
Naperville, IL
Post #: 101
Okay, just to recap character concepts:

We have David making a flying, fighting Cleric.
We have Adrian making some kind of Elvish Wizardly guy.
We have Travis making a spellcaster that either burns or energy drains people to death.
We have Eric with only a vague mention of Tome of Battle.

Now that the game will be running against Matt's game, we have lost Matt, Joe, Joey, and Ken. Probably Kevin as well, although he didn't say outright.

That means this is going to be a lean, mean, fast-moving-machine kind of party! Don't worry, though. I will be trying to take into account the number of party members and your relative strengths and weaknesses when working out the details of the adventure in the next week or two.

Eric, I would definitely like to hear some more specifics about your character concept and whether or not you will be focusing on the ToB or mixing it with something else.

And of course, anyone with questions about the setting, the history of the region, specific rulings or allowances, etc.; feel free to post them here or contact me another way. I am and will continue to be checking my e-mails and this web site frequently.
Travis
user 54913232
Bloomingdale, IL
Post #: 6
my petition to remove the "will" save from the inflict line of spells :) they are already weak touch spells !!!
Ben
user 8076072
Naperville, IL
Post #: 102
Gonna have to veto that on account of having to apply the same ruling to cure spells and undead as well as to the mass versions and to heal and harm, et cetera.

:D
Adrian
user 34585042
Berwyn, IL
Post #: 17
I petition to let any character with Elven blood be awesome.
Ben
user 8076072
Naperville, IL
Post #: 103
Petition denied on account of that already being the way things are.

:D
David B.
user 65804582
Chicago, IL
Post #: 13
Hey, do yall wanna split the cost of a divine wand of lesser vigor? It's 750 GP, so it would be 187 GP per person if we split it 4 ways. What do yall think? Since we don't have a rogue, we should probably pick up some scrolls of knock and maybe mage hand?
Travis
user 54913232
Bloomingdale, IL
Post #: 7
possible , if ben allows it