Between the Lines: A Las Vegas Book Discussion Group Message Board › Between the Lines Newsletter #1 ;)

Between the Lines Newsletter #1 ;)

Nancy K.
user 14272779
Group Organizer
Henderson, NV
Hello to all my reading friends!
New Poll Available!
I have created a new poll to select the January and February books based on suggestions that have been sent my way.  Here is a link to the poll:
http://www.meetup.com...­
Because the poll gives me no room to give the book descriptions, I will  bring a hard copy of the descriptions to the next two meet ups so that you can just give me a verbal vote if you prefer that to finding the poll and voting there. I will also post the descriptions on our message board here at Meet Up and on our FB group page. Or you can Google the book titles.  :)  I was going to put them in this newsletter but Meet Up has limited my number of characters! Boo!
Facebook Group!
I have created a Facebook group for us.  I made it a closed group that will be comprised only of members from the meet up, and so far no one has joined other than me and my cat.  (Yes, I do have a FB page for my cat; no, she cannot read, but FB insisted I have two members to form a group, as the voices in my head do not have FB pages, I used my cat.) I would like to post information in both places for those of us who are FB users.  It also can provide some mid-book discussion space.  Here is a link to the group.
https://www.facebook....­
Sunday Meeting Locations!
We have been alternating the Sunday morning meetings between Henderson and Tivoli Village.  I am going to change the Tivoli Location to the Panera on Ft. Apache and Tropicana (Same side of town) just due to the noisiness and difficulty to get seating for our group at Leone Cafe.  My son is a GM with Panera at that location, and I will insist they turn down the music if it bothers us.  Giving birth has to give me SOME privileges over him, right?  The Henderson Panera Location seems to work out okay, so unless someone has a different place we will stick with that.
Monday Evening Meet Ups!
I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed the first evening book discussion at The Elephant Bar.  Our second evening meet up is scheduled for November 4th to discuss Empty Mansions.  For those who asked, The Elephant Bar is not really a bar, it is a restaurant, and we meet outside on the patio.  I will be happy to order some appetizers for the table again.  However, just be warned, I sort of hog the garlic bread.  Which probably makes sitting next to me a little rough.  ;)  I hope some of you will give the Monday nights a try.  I would like to keep them going.
Contact Information!
Please feel free to text, call or email me at anytime.  If you are new to the group and searching for us at the meet up location, a text is great because posting to the meet up has a delay, and a text will alert me right away.  My cell number is 702.630.4575.  My email is nkjenstad@compasslearning.com.
Thanks!
To all of the members, new and old, that make for such stimulating discussions, where all opinions are welcomed and valued.  I enjoy hearing what each and every one of you think and feel about what we read.
Your humble organizer,
Nancy