My 5th year and 3rd time organizing... the annual first trip of the New Year!
Stowe is a premier resort in the Northeast with the best terrain and consistent snow (located in Northern Vermont and getting moisture from the nearby Lake Champlain). Last year we had terrific conditions in both early January and early March. Even when it may be rainy in the area, Mt Mansfield (highest peak in Vermont) is at such a high elevation, snow is sure to be found.
• 2 nights lodging (based on double occupancy) at the Mountaineer Inn
• Add $90 for single room
• Deduct $15 for triple
• Deduct $25 for quad occ.
• 2 day all lift ticket at Stowe (regular price is $98 per day!)
• 2 Hot Breakfasts!
The Mountaineer Inn has nice amenities including a sauna, pool and large hot tub. There is also a free shuttle from the town to the mountain with many stops among the access road. One of the stops is directly across the street from the Inn making it easy to get around.
• Early Bird Price (until November 6th): $230 + $7 paypal
• Regular Price (until December 6th): $250 + $8 paypal
• Late Price (after December 6th): $270 + $8 paypal
Payment can be made here (on Meetup) via PayPal where you wind up paying the fee. Or it can made directly at PayPal.com (to [masked]). If you use PayPal and select personal payment - other, you will not have to pay the fee. Once I see payment has been made, I will update your status. You can also send me a check. PM me for my address.
Payment Deadline is December 17th at 4pm. This is also when RSVPs close. I'll be sending payments to the outfitter at Noon, so please have your payments in!
Transportation: We will carpool. Stowe is a 6 hour drive from NYC. Passengers pick up all the gas/toll tabs plus other expenses like coffee, drivers (car owners, not literal drivers) go free. We still encourage helping with driving, but it won't relieve you from paying for gas/tolls - car owners are putting up some serious mileage on their cars, so this is the least we could do in return. And if you're a driver, please don't charge your passengers extra.
Rental Equipment: The Mountaineer Inn is adjacent to Pinnacle Sports which rents everything from skis, snowboards, helmets and pants. Pinnacle has some online coupons here: www.pinnacleskisports.com/pinn10coupon.pdf
RSVP: Please RSVP only if you are firm on going. In the comment field state your status, e.g. who you are rooming with, who you are driving with. I will check paypal to see who has paid. Also, please answer ALL of the RSVP questions; this will help me to coordinate rides and answer questions for the outfitter
On/Off Mountain Meetups:
• Saturday, 10:30am top of the Mansfield gondola (near the waffle cabin) for intermediate and advanced skiers and riders
• Saturday, 1pm at The Great Grill Room (Spruce Camp base) for lunch
• Saturday 4:15 pm at the Matterhorn Bar & Restaurant (4969 Mountain Rd) for Après Ski
• Sunday 12pm at the Octagon (top of the FourRunner Quad) for lunch
• Sunday 4:45 at Cabot Cheese Annex, 5:15pm at Ben & Jerry's (on the way home)