addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Beyond Harvest Veganistas Message Board Beyond Harvest Veganistas's Discussion Forum › Vegan samples at Oshkosh church?

Vegan samples at Oshkosh church?

Steve
user 9849879
Oshkosh, WI
Post #: 3
Would anybody here be willing to help me do a vegan food sampling event at a church in Oshkosh? It would be immediately after the 10-11 AM worship service on some Sunday in the next month or so. I am envisioning something like a downsized and very low key meatout event offering coupons and samples of Beyond Meat and similar vegan products from a table in the lounge, where folks congregate and socialize for a few minutes before they leave. Some tasteful and child-friendly related literature could be distributed from the table, too; such as, recipes or a vegetarian starter kit. It's not a big deal, but I could use a little help, and I'm a lousy cook. I think it would be worthwhile and fun, and it just might lead to some vegan church meals, someday.
A former member
Post #: 1
Could it be something as simple as a salad or a fruit platter? I would love to do something like this.
Steve
user 9849879
Oshkosh, WI
Post #: 4
UPDATE
I am scheduled to host the "Fellowship" hour on Sunday, May 11, at the First Congregational Church, in Oshkosh, immediately after the worship service, which normally ends at about 11 AM. I have a stack of Beyond Meat coupons, so I plan to offer some vegan Beyond Meat samples. I think I can handle this little tiny event myself, with a little help from another member of the church who has volunteered, so just take this as an example that you may be able to emulate wherever you are.
Thank you.

PS: I have just received copies of these 2 books, which I am about to donate to the church library:

Animal Liberation: The Definitive Classic of the Animal Movement [Paperback]
by Peter Singer (Author)

Creatures of the Same God: Explorations in Animal Theology [Paperback]
by Andrew Linzey

This will help fill the animal theology gap in that library, which has had only 1 book on that topic until now. If you have some books on animal theology, perhaps you could donate some of them to your church library.
Steve
user 9849879
Oshkosh, WI
Post #: 6
As planned (see my previous post), I co-hosted the Fellowship Hour at the church, yesterday, and it was a great success. The only problem is that the Beyond Meat vegan samples ran out too quickly. I used this recipe for Vegan Chicken Fajitas | Beyond Meat®:, substituting corn tortilla chips for corn tortillas.