Alamo Bicycle and Multisports Message Board › TXDOT meeting - voice cycling concerns in person or by mail/email... spread

TXDOT meeting - voice cycling concerns in person or by mail/email... spread the word...

A former member
Post #: 2

If you aren’t already aware of this meeting, spread the word… it seems that you can either attend the meeting to comment or mail/email your comments to Lorri Pavliska. Here’s her original email and attached announcement:

Please spread the word through your bicycle connections.

This is the cyclists opportunity to voice ALL concern for the cycling community. For instance, a roadway they would like bicycle accommodations improved, sweeping/cleaning, signage, and any other concerns/complaints on state roadways concerning cyclist.

The meeting is set-up as a hearing, so their will be a formal presentation/reading. Prior to and after the reading, an opportunity for comments will be provided (Written, e-mail and court reporter).

Thank you,
Lorri

Lorri Pavliska
TxDOT San Antonio District
Lorri.Pavliska@txdot.gov
Direct: 210-615-6003

NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING

The San Antonio District of the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT-SAT) will conduct a public hearing on Thursday, June 28, 2012. The meeting will begin at 4:00 p.m. and will be held at The Texas Department of Transportation Building No. 2, 4615 N. W. Loop 410 San Antonio, Texas. The purpose of the hearing is to provide information regarding transportation projects and programs that might affect bicycle use of the state system within the San Antonio District. The San Antonio District is made up of Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Frio, Guadalupe, Kendall, Kerr, McMullen, Medina, Uvalde and Wilson Counties.

The hearing will consist of an open house from 4:00 p.m till 6:00 p.m. Maps and other drawings showing the existing state system and upcoming projects on the state system will be displayed.

All interested citizens are invited to attend this public hearing. Verbal and written comments from the public regarding bicycle use of the state system in the San Antonio District are requested. Comments may be presented either at the hearing or in writing within 10 days after the public hearing (postmarked on or before Monday, July 9, 2012). Written comments not turned in at the hearing should be mailed to Lorri Pavliska, San Antonio District Bicycle Coordinator, Texas Department of Transportation, P.O. Box 29928, San Antonio, Texas, 78229-0928.

Persons who have special communication or accommodation needs and who plan to attend the hearing should contact Lorri Pavliska at (210) 615-6003 by 5:00 p.m., Thursday, June 21, 2012.

Glen
Thehitmann
Group Organizer
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 33
That is some good information, thank you for sharing that. It is always nice to know about the new information on cycling trails and extended roads for our safety.
Paul
user 6163322
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 1,401
Great info Monica,

I'm a graduate student at UTSA. A professor and I are inquiring with the administration at UTSA to include more bike paths in and around the UTSA campus area. I have seen a map of potential bike paths they are planning but haven't seen any construction yet.

I live just a few miles from campus in Shavano and would also like to see more bike paths in the DeZavala/UTSA/Babcock area. I frequently ride in traffic to HEB and local shops for small items.

Count me in as somebody who is interested in improving the health and recreational opportunities for our community.
A former member
Post #: 3
I really wanted to make it to the TXDOT meeting and take photos of their planning maps, but wasn't able to make it. I'm in the medical center area--also by Babcock--and I would like to see ANY bike lanes. There are quite a few people who bike around in the med center, but biking to the HEB would be pretty dangerous. If you hear any news of proposed new bike lanes for that area, keep me posted!
Paul
user 6163322
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 1,405
Sounds good, lets stay in touch.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of people would love to bike to and from work and to get groceries such as nurses and other health care professionals in the medical area.

I'd like to ride to school but UTSA blvd. is crazy.