Big Data for Business Message Board › Beer, Foosball, Big Data
Rally software is seeking a motivated engineer with a passion for using data to gain insights into real world systems performance and behavior of our SaaS products. You will provide information to the rest of the company about the health and use of our SaaS application, the readiness of releases and the configuration and impact of new architectural components. This role will be part of a highly collaborative team that is integral to the technical decisions and architectures for the company.
Rally’s Systems & Performance team gathers, analyzes and reports on the use and performance of our SaaS application from a real time data warehousing application running on top of a multi-terabyte Hadoop cluster. We also work closely with developers and operations to provide feedback on the state of the release and validate the performance of proposed architecture related changes.
What you will be doing:
-Build and extend the Hadoop ecosystem to:
-Operate and extend the data warehouse to support new sources and realtime reporting.
-Tune the performance of the warehouse application to support an ever increasing deluge of test and production data.
-Develop interfaces for developers to access and understand system data quickly and effectively.
-Analyze system performance to uncover important use cases, overall product dynamics, product usage, and potential improvements.
-At the end of the day, the main things we’re searching for are talent and passion. However, experience in certain areas could help you hit the ground running, so here’s our attempt at narrowing things down a bit:
-Apply if you have ninja skills in any or all of:
We’ll upvote if you also:
-Know Rails, ExtJS (or similar JS frameworks), Git (or other distributed SCM), Hadoop, HBase (or other NoSQL) and Agile methodologies.
-Have experience with a streaming data system like Storm or Samza
-Firm grasp of data warehousing concepts.
-Have a taste for beer & thai food, as well as crazy good hand-eye coordination.
If it sounds like you might thrive in an environment like this, please apply.
-Ideal candidates will have experience in the following
-You have produced working software (with tests) in at least one object oriented language.
-You’ve built and operated an ETL.
-You love data visualization and explaining them to the curious.
-Writing stored procedures and complex queries comes easily.
-You're passionate about the data and getting it
-You are comfortable at the Unix command line and have experience writing shell scripts.
Here are the top 10 reasons to be an Engineer at Rally
1) Hackathon - Every quarter, Rally developers get eight days to work on whatever they want to help the business. This means that over six weeks of your time each year is free for exploring new technologies and architectures. Several Hackathon projects have been integrated into the product and released, so you have a real opportunity to influence product direction.
2) Influence - You are encouraged and empowered to make things better. The team owns all architectural and framework choices, so if something's not working, you really can change it! Don't just put up with it, fix it, and you will have the support from your team and management to do so.
4) Collaboration - Our teams work closely together in a Scrum style, enabling us to learn from everyone's experience rather than getting trapped in silos.
5) Pace - Sustainable.
6) No dress code - Please wear something.
7) Career - Support for attending conferences, writing books, blogging and speaking.
8) Beer - We have multiple kegerators, and brew our own.
9) Locations: Boulder or Denver, Colorado - 300+ days of sun, mountains, skiing, biking
10) Awards - We were named the Best Company to Work For in Colorado for the last four years, and ranked a top ten Best Places to Work in the U.S. from Outside Magazine. Our product has won numerous awards and was recently recognized by industry analyst Forester Research as 'offering the best combination of capability and strategy of Agile ALM tools'.
Take a peek at what we do over at the Rally Engineering Blog. http://www.rallydev.c...
Locations: Denver and Boulder, Colorado (We will also consider candidates who are seriously interested in relocating)
Rally offers excellent compensation, benefits, and stock options with an exceptional opportunity to grow.
We’re looking for rock stars to work on our next generation of software development tools. If you think that sounds like you, then we'd like to hear from you.
Rally is an equal opportunity employer!
All interested applicants, please apply directly to this link: https://hire.jobvite....