The "Big Media" WordPress Meetup focuses on issues concerning the operation, development, and scaling of large, high-traffic WordPress websites. Topics tend to be technical, but not exclusively—all are welcome, including folks from editorial and business teams.
Doors open at 6:00pm, talks begin at 6:30pm. Please check in at the security desk at the NE corner.
The following presenters will be giving 10 minute "flash" talks, followed by 5-10 minutes of questions:
- Andrew Nacin (Lead Developer, WordPress) – How WordPress Evolves Without Breaking Everything
- Austin Smith (Co-Founder, Alley Interactive) – Elastic Search on WordPress.com in Action
- Jaymin Patel (Manager of Technology, NYTimes Blogs) – What's Next for the NYT Blogs
- Josh Kadis (Web Applications Technologist, Quartz) – Building qz.com, a web app powered by WordPress
After the talks, we'll take 30 minutes to break out into the following discussion groups. If you have questions about a particular topic, sit down with the group and the group leaders will help moderate discussion.
- Editorial Strategy and Workflows – Chris Scott (Voce Communications), Jeremy Zilar (NYTimes), Steph Yiu (WordPress.com VIP)
- Front End Development Tools – Scott Taylor (NYTimes), Josh Kadis (Quartz)
- Content Migration – Jaymin Patel (NYTimes), Austin Smith (Alley Interactive)
- Performance and Caching – Andrew Nacin (WordPress.org), Paul Gibbs (WordPress.com VIP), Nick Daugherty (WordPress.com VIP)
Afterwards, we'll be heading to a nearby bar for drinks.
If you are interested in presenting at future Big Media meetups, please email Steph Yiu ([masked]).