Big Data Boston Message Board › AWS 3-day Big Data Developer course is coming to town 10/30-11/1 -- $250 off

AWS 3-day Big Data Developer course is coming to town 10/30-11/1 -- $250 off for Meetup members

Jeffrey B.
JeffreyBreen
Hingham, MA
Post #: 3
Hi -- I hope this "commercial" is welcome in this forum, but I think it's of particular interest to this group.

Our 3-day Big Data developer course is coming to Boston Oct 30-Nov 1. Taught by Think Big Analytics in partnership with Amazon Web Services (AWS), the goal of the course is to teach developers to become productive as quickly as possible with Amazon's Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) hosted Hadoop offering.

The course assumes solid Java skills, but no knowledge of, or prior experience with, MapReduce, Hadoop, or AWS. The course has many hands-on exercises and students will create MapReduce jobs with Java, Hive, and Pig, and will extend the latter two by writing user defined functions in Java. And since all the exercises are run on EMR, students walk away with the knowledge and ability to start tackling Big Data problems immediately.

All the course details are available on Eventbrite: http://www.eventbrite...­

Tuition is normally $1250 but the 'bdmeetup' discount code will bring it down to an even $1000 for Big Data Boston Meetup members.

If you have any questions, feel free to email or call me directly. I hope to see you there!

Thanks,

Jeffrey Breen
Principal, Think Big Academy
Think Big Analytics
email: jeffrey dot breen at thinkbiganalytics dot com
direct: +1 617 433 8020